Mission: To promote and facilitate the revitalization of Germantown’s business corridors through a sustainable, creative, and community-driven approach to economic development.
Objectives for 2014
- Expand corridor tree planting to include 5600 block of Germantown Avenue
- Host the third Annual Spring Forum
- Partner with neighborhood and organizations and City departments on Vernon Park activities, including “Stars Under the Trees” Movie Nights
- Implement improvements to Maplewood Mall in advance of city reconstruction, including decorative lighting, street festivals, and technical support for businesses
- Initiate Vacant Storefront improvements and activation
- Launch an online Germantown Business directory
- Begin regularly scheduled meetings with Germantown businesses on topics of interest to businesses
- Launch the Fund for Germantown micro grant program for community improvement
- Continue Re-Start Germantown community visioning process with Philadelphia University
- Hire an Executive Director and expand volunteer base
Contact: We are located at 5219 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19144.
P.O. Box 12226, Philadelphia, PA 19144