Revitalizing the Community through Teamwork
Since 1990, Beech Interplex, Inc. has successfully carried out its mission to revitalize the Cecil B. Moore community by promoting community empowerment, neighborhood revitalization, entrepreneurship and advocating for the need for housing rehabilitation and homeownership.
Community groups, city, state, public, and quasi-public agencies have joined forces during Beech’s tenure to enhance the quality of life for the area we serve. As a convener, catalyst, community advocate and public liaison to many of these groups, we have continued our journey to empower this once neglected community.
The William Penn Foundation, in 1990, recognizing the need to demonstrate the effectiveness of private and public partnerships in improving inner-city neighborhoods, established the Beech Corporation, now known as Beech Interplex, Inc, as a part of its North Philadelphia Initiative.
Beech’s programs focus on a holistic approach to community development. This approach includes empowering residents by promoting homeownership and rental opportunities through rehabilitation and new construction; education; job placement; economic development; human services; and the beautification of open spaces.
The premises that guided Beech’s initial operations were:
- Establishment of a physical presence in the Cecil B. Moore area by locating its office in the community
- Implementation of mechanisms to expedite improvement as opposed to adding another bureaucratic layer
- Enhancing communication & cooperation between the community, private & public organizations
- Accurate assessment of community needs & addressing these needs in the revitalization efforts
- Incorporation of planning visions with urban realities
- Institutionalization of services to ensure continued community growth once the major revitalization efforts are concluded
- Judicious utilization & leveraging of grants and loans
- Provide long-term employment opportunities to low & moderate-income residents & unemployed members of the community
Contact Beech Interplex
Start Your Relationship with Us Today
Beech Interplex, Inc.
1510 Cecil B. Moore Avenue, Suite 300
Philadelphia , PA 19121
Feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org