Women’s Christian Alliance
1722-42 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19121
(215) 236-9808 (Fax)
- After School Program: After School AcademyServices: Youth age 6-11, Adolescents 12-17
Max. Served: 50
Hours: M-F 3:00-6:00 from October 1 to June 14.
Includes: Homework and tutoring: 3:00-4:30, Snack, Activities: 4:45-6:00
Activities: For youth: drill instruction, music, arts & crafts, game day and paired reading time and grief assistance. For adolescent: conflict resolution, pregnancy prevention, violence prevention, Youth Council, and Employment mentoring.
- Summer Program: Freedom SchoolLocation: Mead Elementary School, 18th and Oxford
Serves: Children Aged 6-17
Max. Served: 50
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. June 25-August 3
Services: Academic Enrichment program that includes social cultural and historical awareness; social responsibility, conflict resolution, field trips, games, community service and meals.
- Positive Child and Youth Development: Rites of PassageServes: Middle School girls, ages 10-14
Max. Served: 15
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30-5:500
Services: Cultural history and background, self esteem programs, pregnancy prevention and decision making.
- Positive Child and Youth Development: Career ExplorationServes: Youth aged 15-20
Max. Served: 10
Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:00-6:00
- Work experience as youth leaders in After School Academy
- Interviewing, applications, resumes, cover letters
- Employee mentors
- Developing computer skills
- (Youth receive $150 to purchase interview attire after completing first four components.)
- Positive Child and Youth Development: Life SkillsServes: At-risk adolescents ages 14-18
Hours: Saturdays 10:00-2:00
Services: Forty-week program consisting of 8 five-week workshops:
- Cultural awareness
- Conflict resolution
- Responsible Sexual Behavior
- Money Management
- Career Preparation
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Home Management and Parenting
- Case ManagementServes: At risk children, youth and families
Max. Served: 25
Hours: Year round M-F
Services: Intensive services for 3-6 months including two face to face visits monthly
- Information, Referral and LinkagesServes: Children, youth and families; ages birth and up
Max. Served: 150
Hours: M-F 9:00-500
Services: Client assessment, service plan referral and follow-up
- Parenting Education: Parents Alliance for Children in SchoolServes: Parents with children in 1st through 4th grade.
Max. Served: 15
Hours: Tuesdays 9:00-noon
Services: Educates parents to navigate the school system to ensure academic success, improve communication skills, enhance partnership with school staff, participate in planning family activities, be members of the Pennsylvania Parents Information Resource Center.
- WCA Learning and Development Center: Full service, affordable day care including a Headstart program for ages 3-5.
- Behavioral Health Services: psychological and case management services to children and their families through individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, psychiatric evaluation and psychological evaluation.
- Respite Care Services: short term support for caregivers in the home or another licensed setting
- HIV/AIDS Prevention Case Management Program: emotional and psychosocial support to African American women in North Central Philadelphia
- Consultation and Education Program: early intervention for children who exhibit behavioral problems that interfere with their learning at school
- Alliance for Progress Charter School