To enable children and families to realize their fullest potential and achieve self-reliance in safe neighborhoods.
DCS is embedded in the community. As the largest community-based organization in Point Breeze, more than 100 employees serve nearly 8,000 predominantly low-to moderate income children, youth, adults and families. We are a force for social change. We are seen by many as the “go-to” organization in the community given our size, history, roots, property ownership interest, and other resources.
DCS is a nonprofit, multipurpose human service agency providing a comprehensive array of services that touch people throughout their lives. Services range from:
- Licensed daycare to emergency energy assistance
- After-school enrichment to homeless prevention
- Parenting education to housing counseling
- School Based programs to community and economic development activities
Our priorities are to:
- Promote healthy development of children and families
- Build wealth and create economic opportunity in the community
- Strengthen the neighborhood’s social networks and leadership
For more information please visit: http://dcsphila.org/